Lilypie
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, June 9, 2008

Hand print



Today I wanted to make a hand mold to frame for Sheldon for father’s day. Sheldon has to miss his first father’s day because he is out to sea until the day after- such is his luck. Then he has duty the day after that. So anyways the directions on this hand mold say wait until infant is asleep, mix for 1-2 minutes and hold hand in for 1 minute. You only have 3 minutes from when the water touches it until it sets. Okay i figure- how hard can it be. She has tiny hands so I split the mixture in 2 parts and start. The first try was disastrous! The stuff completely set up before I got her hand in it!!

For my second try I had the bright idea to mix it in a plastic container and then pour it out. Everything was going well until I realized not all the water would fit. Then I tried to pour it out and it was already getting set. I quickly put her hand in it and away we went. A semi- perfect hand mold. So I started mixing the plaster and I realized I didn’t make enough to fill the heart mold, so I just put in the round disk I had the hand mold in. 30 minutes later I tried to pry the plaster out and PROBLEM! It wouldn’t come out of the round disk . I had to put a butter knife in 5 or 6 places and pry it out. Which caused the edges to be all messed up. After a minute I realized we had some sand paper so problem adverted! Now I just have to wait the 2 days for it to dry and then paint it and place it in a shadow box frame for him. What a wonderful wife!! Baby is crying- gotta go!


No comments: