Lilypie
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

tantrums over sleep

okay you know those crazy overworked over tired moms they always have on tv shows- I never felt like one of the until today. My love, my sweet little love- of whom I always bragged about- is driving me crazy!!! She refuses to sleep. I don’t know if this is a phase or what but I am not so good at 3:30 in the morning when she wants to play! I don’t know if she is afraid of missing out on something or what but she wont even take her naps. It is literally an hour struggle of her screaming and me rocking then nursing then rocking just to get her to fall asleep for 20 minutes- its not worth it- after she wakes up it is like- YOU WIN- the white flag is up- you can play! I have never been a co-sleeping mama- not that I have anything against it- its just not for me- but this morning I let her sleep in our bed for 4 hours while desperately hoping and wishing she would sleep. She might have dozed off for a minute but most of the morning went like this- shifting-screaming- nursing-sleeping-screaming-shifting- and so on! I wish someone could tell me a good tactic for a little girl throwing tantrums over sleep!

1 comment:

Molly said...

Babies often have a hard time sleeping when they are learning to walk. I hope this is what you are going through and the phase will pass quickly.
Molly