Lilypie
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Taxes

Taxes

Well last night I took 2 hours preparing our taxes. I don’t know if I am crazy for doing my own taxes or what- but I have always done them myself because they were never too complicated- WRONG- this year they were- Sheldon spent 3 months in a combat zone which was tax free- I started school up again- we had a baby- we moved- I had to dig through receipts, call the bank to confirm our stimulus check amount, search for Kayla’s social security card, it was a lot harder experience than its ever been. We were thinking we would go have someone do them but I have NO CLUE how much it costs because I have always done them myself and I had no clue how much return we would get back because we changed our exemptions and frankly I was worried we might owe them money. I didn’t realize how very wrong that was!!! I had been told by friends that having kids rock because you get a ton back in taxes- but I was still surprised! Wowsie- we got double what we have ever gotten! Not going to brag but YEAH! Now I can pay off my car! And I will be the owner of a 2005 ford focus- I know- LAME- but still I will enjoy not making those stupid car payments every 2 weeks! Enough gloating- friendly reminder to all my buddies- don’t forget that it is tax season! The earlier you do them, the quicker you get a return- mine is coming next Friday according to their chart. Happy Hump day!

No comments: